Saturday, June 11, 2011

making progress with 3D models

I've just updated Blender 2.5 to the latest 2.57b build, which is huge improvement from the 2.54a build i was using last time, whipping up some shapes has been a breeze. Sometimes I'll start with a cube and begin to extrude parts out of it, adjusting the vertices as I go along. Although for simpler things I'll model them in SketchUP since it can sometimes take less times or certain types of shapes can be better achieved.

So far I've put together the low poly model of my hammerhead character and I've got a magic box with it's tongue sticking out. Finally, there is a cube that I made for the purpose of a trial run with the source engine and I'll see how it works once it's exported/compiled into .smd format. More to follow...





No comments: